Since August 14th there have been 56 Ohioans shot, several killed many injured causing Governor Mike DeWine to vow changes throughout the state.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Across the state, gen violence has been on consistently the rise all summer and doesn’t seem to be slowing up. In Cincinnati, August 15th and 16th were extremely violent days with 19 people shot resulting in 4 people deaths. A birthday party for a teenager in Akron turned deadly after an 8-year-old was killed. Several shootings have occurred in Lima, Columbus, and other cities across the state causing Governor DeWine to take action.
In a COVID-19 press conference, DeWine said,
“Chiefs have told me time and time again relatively small number of people in our cities, in our communities, do carry out this violence, week after week,” said DeWine. “We can remove them. And if we had removed them, maybe some of these children would be alive today.”
DeWine also stated that legislation is pending in the general assembly that will bring harsher penalties to those a part of gun violence. The legislation would include warrants for wanted offenders to be entered into law enforcement databases so officers are able to obtain information needed to arrest those who have committed violent crimes and more.
No word when the new tougher laws would be finalized.
- Man Shot By Kyle Rittenhouse Is Suing Kenosha Police for Enabling Violent White Supremacist
- Surprise! Eve Reveals She’s Expecting Her First Child: ‘You All Know How Long We’ve Been Waiting For This Blessing!’
- R.I.P: Timuel Black, Chicago Civil Rights Activist & Historian, Dies At 102
- Oh Baby! Eve And Husband Maximillion Cooper Expecting First Child Together
- Gabrielle Union Admits To Almost Becoming A Video Vixen After Auditioning For 2Pac
- Mind Body Business: 3 Signs You May Have A Health Issue During Exercise [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Here’s Why Drake Wanted To Quit ‘Degrassi’ + New Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre Album Is On The Way
- Summer Walker and JT Serve Body In ‘Ex For A Reason’ Video
- The Brian McKnight Online Ticket Giveaway contest
- Phaedra Parks Serves Serious Lewks At The Covenant Screening In Atlanta
56 People Shot Many Killed in Ohio in One Week, DeWine Vows Changes was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com