Pastor Sam Adeyemi preaches the word of God in Nigeria. When he first began he was taught that tithing was required of all Christians so that God’s blessings would pour over them. Christian Post reports that Adeyemi recently declared that tithing is no longer required because Jesus freed them of this practice.
He said, “So I say again, tithing as practiced under the Law of Moses as a regulation has expired. No Christian should feel guilty for not paying tithes. No Christian should be made to feel guilty for not paying tithes.” Adeyemi is the founder of Daystare Christian Centre and has over 20,000 members.
Adeyemi believes that things are changing and he doesn’t want people to feel like tithing needs to continue to happen. He mentioned, “Nobody should tell a Christian that for you to be accepted before God first or for you to be righteous you must pay your tithes. When Jesus said it is finished it was finished. There is nothing anybody can add to what Jesus did to be justified before God. All anybody needs to do now to be free from sin is to pray and ask for forgiveness.” What are your thoughts on no longer tithing.
- Megyn Kelly Has Sent The Internet Into A Frenzy With These Offensive Twitter Moments
- Rep. Karen Bass Could Be Gearing Up For A Mayoral Run
- Ciara Shows Off Her ‘Wild Side’
- Tim Scott Peddling Republican Talking Points On ‘Defunding Police’ Instead Of Facing Real Reasons For Failed Action On Police Reform
- Historic Black Cemetery In Maryland Goes From Becoming A Parking Lot To Now Possibly Getting Built Over
- Black Americans Are Disproportionately Impacted By High Prescription Drugs Costs. Congressional Action Is A Matter Of Racial Equity.
- BLM-LA Leader ‘Swatted’ Again After Announcing LAPD Lawsuit, Says Incident Underscores Call to Defund Police
- Black Female Officers In DC File Class-Action Lawsuit On MPDC For Race & Sex-Based Discrimination
- Gospel Singer Kelly Price Has Allegedly Been Missing For Over A Month
- Kelly Price Reportedly Missing In Georgia Following COVID-19 Battle
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin WinansSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. William MurphySource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Jason NelsonSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Deitrick HaddonSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Travis GreeneSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. Warryn CampbellSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Kim BurrellSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Charles JenkinsSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Marvin SappSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Smokie NorfulSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. William McDowellSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Shirley CaesarSource:Getty 12 of 12
Why One Pastor Believes The Practicing Of Tithing Is Over [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com