Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther sat down and talked with Magic 95.5’s own Divine Martino to talk about this tragic loss to the community and her family, “I’m not just the mayor I’m a dad as well. I have a daughter and the city is grieving the loss of that 16-year-old and lifting that family up in our thoughts and prayers. We released the officer’s body-worn camera footage as soon as we could in record time. We thought it was very important to be as transparent and responsible as possible and we will release additional information soon.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He goes on to express how the loss of a 16-year-old girl weighs heavy on him as a father and a leader of the Columbus community.
“What led to a 16-year-old girl to believe her only option was to resolve a dispute with a knife. I promise to you that and our community is that we will address both of these questions in a transparent and responsible way.” – Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther
Hear this exclusive interview in its entirety:
- 10th Annual Radio One Celebrity Golf Classic [Video]
- 97.9 The Beat 2022 State Fair Classic[VIDEO]
- Stephen A. Smith Explains Why His Mother Wanted Him To Release His Memoir After She Passed Away
- Janet Jackson Storms The Runway At The Thom Browne Fashion Show
- Front Page News: California Approves Bill Limiting Lyrics As Evidence In Criminal Trials Against Rappers [WATCH]
- Rihanna Steps Out In A Sexy Black Gown For A$AP Rocky’s 34th Birthday
- Real Housewives of Nigeria?! Porsha Williams Says She’s 44% Nigerian & Black Twitter Eats Her Up!
- Black People In Herschel Walker’s Georgia Hometown Are ‘Not Going To Vote For Him’
- Jordyn Woods Serves Curves Galore In A Sheer Mugler Catsuit
- Iman Shumpert Gifts Teyana Taylor A Corvette For Their Anniversary