Child stars of the 90s have taken many different career paths as the years between their first glimpse of fame and life as an adult grow larger.
A look back at many classics from the era reveal a familiar face that may be tough to name: Sure, you’ve seen him in The Sandlot, The Mighty Ducks and the Wes Craven cult classic The People Under The Stairs – but how much do you know about Brandon Quinton Adams?
And an even better question: What’s he up to now?
Born in 1979, Adams got his first major look in Michael Jackson’s musical film Moonwalker. You may remember him as Zeke, a pint-sized kid with tons of attitude and some cool dance moves. The 1988 project was just the first of many memorable roles he’d take on in the decade to come.
In 1991, he paired with another entertainment legend – scary movie mastermind Wes Craven – for The People Under the Stairs. As Poindexter “Fool” Williams, Adams entered a house of horror in search of gold. By no means a box office smash, the film later enjoyed an underground legion of fans during its video and cable run.
The Mighty Ducks series and The Sandlot were two other huge wins for Adams. The sports films are still celebrated to this day.
Unfortunately, Adams’ wave of hit films and television appearances began to slow toward the start of the new millineum. Tragedy struck the actor in 2002 when he and fellow entertainer and close friend, Merlin Santana, were victims of a shooting in California.
According to multiple reports, the incident stemmed from a hookup gone bad. The two young actors visited a Chinese restaurant, where they met a teenager, Monique Mercedes King.
Merlin and the female were intimate the same night, but by morning, Mercedes wanted their encounter to progress into a long-term relationship.
The actor refused, and the scorned fling falsely told two of her male friends, Damien Gates and Brandon Bynes, that she had been raped by Santana.
Gates and Bynes ambushed the two actors outside a house party, shooting at them through the window as soon as they got into the car.
Santana did not survive the attack. He was 26 years old.
“It was devastating.” Adams said of the deadly shooting. “It took me a long time to recover from that. Merlin was my best friend, and the murder was a senseless thing.”
In the nearly two decades since the attack, the actors has taken the occasional role here and there.
He can be seen in the 2012 release, Stuck in the Corners and his voice is featured in the popluar video game Kingdom Hearts II.
- The Morning Buzz: Guilty Verdict Reached In Murder of Jam Master Jay, Diddy Denies Recent Allegations + More
- ‘Whore’: Donald Trump Jr. Posts Misogynistic Meme Attacking Fani Willis
- Killer Mike Reflects on Grammy Wins, Family, and Future Plans
- RFK Jr. Whitesplains How ‘Education’ Will Make Us Immune To Racism ‘Like The Avengers’
- Renowned Editor & Journalist Susan L. Taylor Drops Gems ‘Everything I Learned In The Past Has Led To This Point’
- New Bill To Shut Down Mississippi Public Universities Names 3 HBCUS
- Congratulations! Gabourey Sidibe Is Expecting Twins
- The Morning Buzz: Don Lemon and CNN Reach A Deal, Diddy Sued Again & Yo Gotti Gives Credit Where Credit Is Due
- Video Shows Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears Misgender Trans Senator As ‘Sir,’ Offers Non-Apology
- Princess Love Files for Divorce from Ray J for The Fourth Time: Our Paths Have Diverged
Where Are They Now: ‘Sandlot’ And ‘Mighty Ducks’ Actor Brandon Quinton Adams was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Queen Latifah And Her Longtime Partner Eboni Nichols' Son Named Revealed
19 Sexy Pictures Of Paula Patton (PHOTOS)
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
Radio One Dallas Awarded TAB Lone Star Leader Award
Then & Now: The Cast Of Spike Lee’s “Crooklyn” (PHOTOS)
‘The Black Eagle’: Notable Times Joe Madison Checked Racists On His Show
Happy Birthday Week Bob Marley: Allan Tannenbaum Talks Capturing A Legend In His Prime
GOP Conspiracy Theorists Think Michelle Obama Will Replace Biden On 2024 Ballot In Latest Republican Fearmongering