Today’s “Hot Spot” update with Da Brat starts off on a somber note as we report on the tragic death of Michael K. Williams, and we also have news on Nicole Kidman’s exit from a recent movie set and whether Jennifer Hudson would be a good fit to play Oprah in a biopic.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Although the Oscar-winning singer/actress is hot off the heels of a critically-praised performance in the new Aretha Franklin biopic, RESPECT, Hudson did make sure to confirm that she has no plans to portray fellow late soul icon Whitney Houston if give the chance, stating, “I love her, but playing her is meant for someone else.” J-Hud’s seasoned skills in Hollywood would surely make her a good fit for any role, including an Oprah biopic, but the RSMS crew actually had another suggestion on who could honor Winfrey. Unfortunately, we doubt Rickey’s choice would ever happen due to O’s real-life beef with the comedic actress.
Watch the “Hot Spot” with Da Brat below to see what’s heating up in the headlines, and also check out who the Rickey Smiley Morning Show thinks should play Oprah:
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
OMAR COMIN: The Very Best Of Michael K. Williams On ‘The Wire’
1. "Omar comin, yo"1 of 10
2. “Money ain’t got no owners, just spenders”2 of 10
3. "You come at the king, you best not miss."3 of 10
4. "Fixed it so he couldn't sit right"4 of 10
5. "Ain't nobody gone talk to you"5 of 10
6. "He ain't man enough to come down to the street with Omar"6 of 10
7. "It's all in the game"7 of 10
8. "I need to remind you who I am?"8 of 10
9. "Man's Gotta Earn A Livin"9 of 10
10. "This Stanfield corner, huh?"10 of 10
Hot Spot: Remembering Michael K. Williams & Who Should Play Oprah In A Biopic? [WATCH] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com