Today is 420 so many people across the globe are celebrating all thing cannabis. However, like always, you have people who still associated weed with Jamaicans. In reality, according The Guardian, the biggest weed smoking country in the world is Iceland — Jamaica is actually number 22 on the list. This makes a comment from a Nova Scotia politician even more ridiculous.
Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin is running for leader of the provincial Progressive Conservatives in Nova Scotia. On a Tuesday there was a debate and one of the questions was about Nova Scotia’s Cannabis Control Act. The province is trying to decide how it will sell recreational cannabis when Canada legalizes marijuana later this year. According to Vice.com, randomly started talking about Jamaicans, “I grew up surrounded by hard-working people who were clear-minded, sober, and productive. I have a best friend in Amherst who is from Jamaica. She said to me, ‘Elizabeth, smoking marijuana in Jamaica is completely accepted, and there’s a completely different work ethic and very low productivity in Jamaica.’ I think we already have a productivity problem here in Nova Scotia. We do not need something else making it worse.” You know things always get dangerous when a white person says, “I have a best friend…”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She was quickly slammed on social media and gave a weak apology, “I am sorry if my comments were hurtful. I made a mistake and take full responsibility for that. I sincerely did not feel that my comments would be viewed in a negative light. Again, I apologize for my choice of words and any impression left that this was based on someone’s country, race or ethnicity. I am certainly open to meeting individually with anyone offended by comments to better appreciate their perspective.” Is she apologizing or making excuses? One line she says “I sincerely did not feel that my comments would be viewed in a negative light” then the next line she is saying “I’m sorry” again.
Hopefully the people of Nova Scotia will make the right decision in deciding if they want this woman to represent them.
- Keke Palmer Serves MILF Goals At The Soul Train Awards
- Holiday Shopping Tips | Money Monday
- Steve Harvey Pays Emotional Tribute To Wife Marjorie At TheGrio Awards: ‘I Appreciate You Riding With Me’
- Beyoncé Says Blue Ivy Was Determined To Prove Naysayers Wrong About Her Tour Performances
- Keke Palmer Shuts Down Instagram In A Gold Balmain Mini Dress
- Gabrielle Union And Dwyane Wade Celebrated Thanksgiving With Their Family And Celebrity Friends
- Jail Justice: Social Media Memes Mock Derek Chauvin After George Floyd’s Murderer Stabbed In Prison
- Tia Mowry Shares Sweet Thanksgiving Photos With Children And Ex Cory Hardrict
- Teyana Taylor Confirms Divorce From Iman Shumpert: ‘Please Allow Myself & My Family Some Privacy’
- What I Learned About Menopause While Having Tea With Gabrielle Union
Politician Says Jamaicans Have ‘Low Productivity’ Because Of Marijuana was originally published on newsone.com
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
19 Sexy Pictures Of Paula Patton (PHOTOS)
Then & Now: The Cast Of Spike Lee’s “Crooklyn” (PHOTOS)
17 Super Hot Pics Of Nia Long (PHOTOS)
Queen Latifah And Her Longtime Partner Eboni Nichols' Son Named Revealed
DFW Career Fair
Download - MAJIC 94.5 Radio Mobile App!
10+ Sexy Photos Of Mya