Davidson is known for his impressions of celebrities like Michael Jackson, and Sammy Davis Jr. As a child he says his constant impressions, “drove my mother crazy.” But that all changed when his mom saw Al Gero on TV one day, that’s when she realized Davidson had a talent.
His mom wasn’t the only one to notice his talent from a young age. Growing up in the projects of D.C., there was a man named Reggie, who stopped every day and asked, “how you doing lil Tommy?” Years later, he saw Reggie and just like when he was a child, Reggie asked, “how you doing lil Tommy?” And added “I knew you were going to be somebody!”
Hear more stories from Davidson in the Interview above, or read about them in his book, Tommy Davidson Living In Color.
Davidson’s upcoming performances are listed below:
10/09 The Colony, TX @ Lava Cantina | 10/12 Greenville, Miss @ Harlow’s Casino | 10/13 Philadelphia, Penn @ Keswick Theatre
Famous Folks Who Were Adopted, Orphaned Or Have Adopted
1. NFL wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was raised by his aunt Shirley and her husband after his mother was incarcerated for intent to distribute cocaine when he was 11-years-old. His father was serving overseas in the Army..1 of 7
2. Keegan Michael Key was adopted as a child by two social workers. Later on in life her met his mother and found out he had two half brothers who died.
Source:false 2 of 7
3. Keyshia Cole was adopted at the age of two by family friends Leon and Yvonne Cole which is where her last name comes from. She met her biological father boxer Virgil Hunter in 2016 after a paternity test.Source:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gary Coleman He was adopted as a small child by W. G. Coleman, a fork-lift operator, and Edmonia Sue, a nurse practitioner (Photo Credit: Facebook)4 of 7
5. Jesse Jackson was adopted by his stepfather at the age of one. He took his stepfathers last name. (AP)5 of 7
6. Viola Davis Julius Tennon adopted their little girl Genesis as newborn in October of 2011
Source:false 6 of 7
Source:false 7 of 7