Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Kelce Brothers, From Cleveland Heights, Will Meet in the Super Bowl
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- NLE Choppa Talks Viral “LIFE” Quote, Memphis Artists You Need To Know, Why He’s Vegan + More
- Report: TJ Holmes & Amy Robach Leaving ABC
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Ma$e Honored With Proclamation And His Own Day In Harlem
- Florida High School Students Threaten To Sue Florida And Gov. Ron DeSantis Over AP Studies Ban
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com