Damar Hamlin, a 24-year-old safety for the Buffalo Bills, was critically injured after a scary on-field incident against the Cincinnati Bengals on January 2. After spending weeks recovering in Cincinnati and Buffalo hospitals, many wondered whether or not he would ever be able to return to an NFL field.
During the first quarter of that Monday Night Football matchup, Hamlin dropped to the ground, unconscious, after a seemingly routine tackle. He had suffered cardiac arrest, and his heartbeat had to be revived before they put him in an ambulance and sent him to a local hospital. The in-game medical staff was credited with saving Hamlin’s life. The game was initially postponed before ultimately being canceled.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to a report by CNN, Dr. Thom Mayer, the medical director of the NFL’s Players Association, guaranteed that Hamlin “Will play professional football again”, a somewhat surprising admission made just a month after the world watched Hamlin’s scary situation unfold.
Hamlin, who’s since thanked fans around the world for their support and prayers, has yet to comment on whether he’ll continue playing in the NFL. Obviously, the most important thing right now is for him to get his health under control. Hopefully, we’ll get to see him compete at a high level again in the near future.
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Dodged That Bullet! Claudia Jordan Glad She Didn’t Date Brian McKnight During ‘Celebrity Apprentice’
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Civil Rights Leaders Mark 3rd Anniversary Of George Floyd’s Murder
- Summer Block Party Jodeci. SWV, + Dru Hill
- Cardi B Attends Her Whipshots Launch Party In A Curve-Hugging Emilio Pucci Bodysuit
- Angela Bassett Speaks On Tina Turner’s Passing: ‘How Do We Say Farewell To A Woman Who Owned Her Pain?’
- On The Radar: 7-Year-Old Super Star Rapper Goes Viral [WATCH]
Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
17 Sexy Pics Of Nicole Murphy (PHOTOS)
19 Sexy Pictures Of Paula Patton (PHOTOS)
“MOTHER’S MAY WITH 1-800-TRUCKWRECK”
BREAKING:Legendary Music Icon Tina Turner Passes Away at Age 83
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
10 Light-Skinned Celebrity Men That Should Not Fight [PHOTOS]
17 Super Hot Pics Of Nia Long (PHOTOS)
Queen Latifah And Her Longtime Partner Eboni Nichols' Son Named Revealed