Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Are We Even Doing It Right?: What Is Blackout Tuesday?
- 4 St. Louis Officers Shot Monday During A Long Night of Protesting
- Funeral Plans For George Floyd Announced In Houston
- George Floyd Protests: Resources To Help Anti-Police Brutality Protesters
- Trump Invokes Insurrection Act of 1807 To Attempt To Stop Nationwide Riots
- Independent Autopsy Of George Floyd Finds His Death Was A Homicide, Brother Calls For Peace In Protests
- “Yall Not Tired Yet?” National Mall Monuments Vandalized During Protests In Washington D.C.
- The Great Debates: Best Solo R&B Singer
- The Great Debates: Best Local Singer [Write-In]
- Faith Evans Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges After Allegedly Attacking Stevie J