Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Behind The Scenes: Essence Atkins Will Explore An Open Marriage In Upcoming Movie
- Kelly Price Shares The Inspiration Behind Her Gospel Project + Details On American Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Hot Spot: Should Black Panther Recast T’Challa To Continue His Legacy? [WATCH]
- Texas House Approves Bill Allowing People to Carry Handguns Without a License
- Book Publisher Snubs Louisville Cop’s Plan To Cash In On Breonna Taylor’s Police Killing
- Indianapolis Mass Shooting At FedEx Facility Leaves 8 Dead, Gunman Takes Own Life
- Why The Nation And White House Need To Prioritize Reproductive Justice
- Morris Brown College Receives Accreditation Candidacy After 20 Years
- Chris Brown’s Housekeeper Suing Him Over Alleged Dog Attack
- Attorney Glennon Threatt Discusses Shooting Bias & Being A Threat To Police Officers [WATCH]
- News You Can’t Use: Anthems Of Men 50+ On Motorcycles [WATCH]