Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Money Matters With Jini Thornton: Here’s What You Need To Know About Financial Aid During The Pandemic [WATCH]
- Jared Kushner Suggests ‘Complaining’ Black People Don’t ‘Want To Be Successful’
- Ty Dolla $ign On How He Picks Features, ‘Tyrone 2021’ & More! [EXCLUSIVE]
- The Oprah Effect: Mogul To Rally Voters With Town Halls In Battleground States Days Before The Election
- NBA Player Zach Randolph’s Wife Files For Divorce Weeks After A “Hacked” Tweet
- It Sure Seems Like Black Folks Are Fueling The Record Number Of Early Voters
- VIDEO: Senator Kamala Harris Makes Several Cleveland Stops To Greet Voters!
- Alicia Garza Says FBI Foiled Plot By Suspected White Supremacists Who Had Her Name ‘On A List’