Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Saturday’s funeral service for Atatiana Jefferson was canceled, one day after her father took legal action. The Potter’s House was supposed to host the service. Atatiana’s father, Marquis Jefferson, took legal action to gain full authority of Atatiana’s internment services. Marquis went to the courts Friday to ask for a temporary restraining order giving him control over his daughter’s remains, her funeral, and burial.
Her father claims ever since his daughter was shot and killed inside her home by now-former Fort Worth Police Officer Aaron Dean, some of her family members and their legal representatives have left him out of the planning. He also says red flags also went up when he discovered a ‘GoFundMe‘ account made in his daughter’s name, in addition to his daughter’s aunt and others publicly attacking him in the news.
”That ‘GoFundMe’ went from $10,000 to $50,000 to $75,000,” explained Bruce Carter, a spokesman for Jefferson. Walter L. Irvin, lawyer for Atatiana’s father said late Friday that a Dallas probate judge signed an order giving his client sole right over the remains of Atatiana Jefferson.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me and share the
- Summer Walker Reveals She’s Pregnant With Second Child
- Michigan’s Black Caucus Calls SCOTUS Abortion Decision ‘Bullshit’
- A Few Steps To Take After SCOTUS Dismantled National Threshold For Abortion Rights
- Lizzo Says She Will Pledge $500k From Her Upcoming Tour To Planned Parenthood Amid Roe v. Wade Decision
- Beyoncé, Drake And House Music History: The Intersection Of Black Music Month And Pride
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Invites Herschel Walker To Debate, Says GOP Rival Hasn’t Officially Accepted
- Hot Spot: Here’s What Happened At Omarion & Mario’s Verzuz + Eva Presents At The BET Awards [WATCH]
- SEE VIDEO: Was Omarion’s Watermelon Eating At Verzuz Sexy Or Cringe? [WATCH]
- Rev. Al Sharpton Says Roe v. Wade Overturn Will Disproportionately Impact Black People
- Michelle Obama Shares Thoughts On The Overturning Of Roe v. Wade, Says She’s ‘Heartbroken’