Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Saturday’s funeral service for Atatiana Jefferson was canceled, one day after her father took legal action. The Potter’s House was supposed to host the service. Atatiana’s father, Marquis Jefferson, took legal action to gain full authority of Atatiana’s internment services. Marquis went to the courts Friday to ask for a temporary restraining order giving him control over his daughter’s remains, her funeral, and burial.
Her father claims ever since his daughter was shot and killed inside her home by now-former Fort Worth Police Officer Aaron Dean, some of her family members and their legal representatives have left him out of the planning. He also says red flags also went up when he discovered a ‘GoFundMe‘ account made in his daughter’s name, in addition to his daughter’s aunt and others publicly attacking him in the news.
”That ‘GoFundMe’ went from $10,000 to $50,000 to $75,000,” explained Bruce Carter, a spokesman for Jefferson. Walter L. Irvin, lawyer for Atatiana’s father said late Friday that a Dallas probate judge signed an order giving his client sole right over the remains of Atatiana Jefferson.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me and share the
- RIP Brandon Smiley: Funeral Plans Revealed For Rickey Smiley’s Oldest Son
- Rapper NBA YoungBoy Wants To Become A Mormon
- Omega Psi Phi Revokes Membership Of Three Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols’ Death
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims CRT Teaches Racism And 1 Illinois School Got $5.1 Billion To Spend On Diversity
- The Beyhive Are Bracing Themselves For The Renaissance World Tour Ticket Prices
- AOC Rips GOP’s ‘Racism’ After Ilhan Omar Removed From Committee By House Republicans ‘Targeting Women Of Color’
- Missy Elliott Looks Supa Dupa Fly As She Celebrates Her 2023 Nomination To The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
- Kyle Rittenhouse Begs For Money After Judge OKs Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Kenosha Killer
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: John Mercer Langston
- ‘Nothing More Insulting:’ Sharpton Calls Tyre Nichols Beating A Disgrace To MLK’s Legacy