As Issa Rae continues to reach new heights in her professional career, the 36-year-old has not forgotten the people, and moments, that have impacted her journey. In the June issue of Vanity Fair, Rae shares a memory of late rapper Nipsey Hussle, who she says came through in a major way to mend the relationship between herself and actress Lauren London.
|| RELATED: Michael B. Jordan: Lauren London Is ‘One Of The Strongest Women I know’ ||
|| RELATED: Fashion Nova Teams Up With Lauren London To Support “Women on Top” Initiative ||
According to Rae, one of her “biggest regrets” occurred when she name-dropped London in interviews and her memoir. Rae said she rubbed her the wrong way by complaining that TV execs had suggested that London could play the lead in Awkward Black Girl, a role that Rae had written for herself.
“One of my biggest regrets, naming her,” said Issa. “She took offense to that.” The relationship was eventually repaired, however, one fateful night at Diddy’s 50th birthday bash.
Rae says Nispey knew of the issue and decided it was time the two made peace.
“He was like, ‘You should just talk to her. Let me set it up,’” she said. “It actually sparked an amazing two-hour conversation. We had so much in common. She was like, ‘People don’t understand, I’m an awkward Black girl.’ In the same way that I was upset about the limited portrayal of Black women, she was like, ‘People do the same thing to me.’ I completely get that.”
You can read more about Issa Rae in the June issue of Vanity Fair.
- Rudolph Isley Sues Brother Ron Over “Isley Brothers” Trademark
- Minnesota Republican Claims Genocides Between Native Americans And White People Went ‘Each Way’
- Radio One DFW Career Fair Employers Confirmed
- 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
- Can You Guess One Of The Worse Cities In Texas For Allergies?
- Conservative Twitter Melts Down Over The Possibility That Donald Trump Will Be Arrested
- Medical Minute With Dr. Mel: Black Vets Denied Benefits?
- Convicted Rapist Sentenced To Undergo Chemical Castration
- Kandi & Tiny Respond To Critics After Saying Xscape Has Larger Fanbase Than SWV & Demanding They Headline Tour
- Amerie’s New Children’s Book ‘You Will Do Great Things’ Bridges the Gap in More Ways Than One
Issa Rae Credits Nipsey Hussle For Mending Her Relationship With Lauren London was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Real Housewives of Potomac Has Just Lost A Housewife
Which Famous Rappers Are Crips? (PHOTO GALLERY)
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
17 Sexy Pics Of Nicole Murphy (PHOTOS)
Queen Latifah And Her Longtime Partner Eboni Nichols' Son Named Revealed
R. Kelly Found Guilty of Sexual Abuse of His Own God Daughter
Keke Palmer Shares Adorable TikTok Of Her Newborn Son
10 Light-Skinned Celebrity Men That Should Not Fight [PHOTOS]