Columbus OH- Brandie Sharp of Columbus decided to teach her sons the value of working by going with them on a new paper route in the suburb of Upper Arlington when the lesson turned into what Sharp believes was racial profiling.
While Sharp was helping her sons on their nes paper route when they noticed that they left papers on the wrong porch of some homes. So Sharp and her sons, 11-year-old Uriah and 17-year-old Mycah, wanted to make sure their papers were delivered correctly. But then someone called the Upper Arlington police on them and saying that they were walking up to homes and walking away with things in their hands (the newspapers). Sharp said in an interview with ABC6 that when officers showed up and asked what they were doing, “I showed him the thing for the Dispatch, The Bag, the midday week paper, that we get,” she said, “and he said ‘Oh, really?’ and by that time I was kind of like, ‘Okay, why are you questioning me about this?’”
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox
Sharp felt she was being profiled because of her race and her sons so she took to Facebook to express her disdain for the way they were treated.
The Upper Arlington Police Department is standing by their actions saying that their interactions were professional. UAPD blames a new city ordinance that many residents aren’t aware of that states newspaper deliveries have to be made on porches or mailslots and not on driveways.
- Watch: ‘The Real Housewives Of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer
- Taraji P. Henson Slays At The Acne Show During Paris Fashion Week
- Jordyn Woods Wore This Trendy Look To Acne Studios’ PFW Show
- Get Details On Kelly Rowland’s Glamourous Look For Paris Fashion Week
- Chloë Bailey Revealed Her Celebrity Crush And We Are Here For It
- ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ Announce Racism/Colorism Roundtable, Erica Mena Reacts
- Megan Thee Stallion Stars In New Mental Health Video
- Monica Proves Blondes Have More Fun With Bold New Do
- Damaged but Not Destroyed: From Trauma to Triumph with Mike Todd [LISTEN]
- GloRilla Shows Off Her Natural Hair And Reveals She’s Ready For A Perm
Black Woman From Columbus Area Has Police Called On Her For Delivering Papers With Her Sons was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
[VIDEO] Tamar Braxton Talks Burglary Caught On Tape “I’m Not Safe Anywhere”
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
2nd Annual Southern Soul Bowl - Sept 23 [Get Tickets]
19 Sexy Pictures Of Paula Patton (PHOTOS)
Then & Now: The Cast Of Spike Lee’s “Crooklyn” (PHOTOS)
Put That On Everything? Usher To Headline Super Bowl LVIII In Las Vegas
Champagne and Roses Tour: Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Mario Contest
How To Listen To Majic 94.5 On Your Amazon Echo