With efforts to take down Obamacare and decisions to cancel DACA, it’s no secret that 45 is trying to take down anything productive from the Obama administration. But no one has considered how whiteness and the dismantling of Black excellence plays into this.
Follow Majic 94.5 on Twitter: Follow @majic945
In a compelling piece for The Atlantic, journalist and cultural critic Ta-Nehisi Coates illustrated precisely how (and why) Donald Trump is creating his legacy by negating everything that Obama stood for.
“For Trump, it almost seems that the fact of Obama, the fact of a black president, insulted him personally,” he writes. “Replacing Obama is not enough—Trump has made the negation of Obama’s legacy the foundation of his own. And this too is whiteness.”
You can check out the piece at The Atlantic here.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
10 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.1 of 9
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.2 of 9
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.3 of 9
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.4 of 9
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.5 of 9
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.6 of 9
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.7 of 9
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.8 of 9
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.9 of 9
Ta-Nehisi Coates’ New Piece Lays Out Precisely Why Trump Is Destroying Obama’s Legacy was originally published on newsone.com