Text KZMJ to 71007 to join Majic 94.5’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
Quick And Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe’s From KJ’s Kitchen
I recently hooked up a SUPER EASY and FAST chicken pot pie recipe. Needless to say, they loved it because there weren’t any left overs! If you would like to try my deconstructed recipe, peep it below!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (or precooked shredded chicken)
- 2 carrots, diced 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced finely
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock, hot
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, leaves chopped (I LOVE to use fresh rosemary from my herb garden)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion and some salt and pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables just begin to soften, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the crusts. Unroll both sheets of pastry, even out onto floured surface. Cut out 3 circles from each.
- Transfer the circles to the prepared baking sheets, poke them all over with a fork and brush with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper. (Sometimes I Use Italian Seasoning instead)
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the flour over the chicken and vegetables and add the turmeric; cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the hot stock, add the half-and-half, peas, thyme and rosemary and cook until the sauce thickens, another 3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with the crusts.
CLICK HERE for more chicken pot pie recipes from Tasty. What’s Your FAVORITE chicken recipe?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!