Text KZMJ to 71007 to join Majic 94.5’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
Panera Bread’s Broccoli And Cheese Soup Recipe From KJ’s Kitchen
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Saute onion in butter until soft. Sprinkle in the flour, to make the rue, cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Whisk in half & half and chicken stock. (You can also use water with a little chicken bouillon powder instead of stock)
3. Add the broccoli and carrots.
4. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
5. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
6. Stir in the cheese.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!