Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
‘Peace. Love. & Eatz’ in Desoto, Texas has been asked to partner with Oprah Winfrey and Weight Watchers for their upcoming tour that will be in Dallas on February 15. On Friday, owner James McGee announced on social media that his small restaurant is among a small group of businesses in Dallas-Fort Worth chosen to partner during the Dallas stop of “Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus Live on Tour.” “When people like that called me, it made me feel good. But at the same time, I’ve got to stay focused on what the mission is, and what my goal is,” says James. The two year old business opened the plant-based restaurant after his daughter suffered allergies and doctors warned him his own health was in trouble due to obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney, and liver damage among other things.
James and his team have also expanded their mission into a garden which helps support the restaurant and his nonprofit which provides healthy foods for homeless students. Peace. Love. & Eatz will be featured as one of the go-to restaurants for the tour attendees. For ticket information and to learn more about the event, click here.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me share the Majic 94.5 @cindibdfw
- Get Ready For Reboot of ‘Anaconda’
- ‘Ambitions’ Canceled After One Season On OWN
- Chance The Rapper To Host Revival Of ‘Punk’d
- Rosie Perez Testifies Against Harvey Weinstein
- Former New Orleans Saints Linebacker Boosts Graduation Rate For Oregon District’s Black Students
- Charlie Wilson’s Perfect Valentine’s Day Contest
- Jazzy Report: Baltimore Has The Highest STI Rate
- Photo Of Eight Black Women Firefighters For Prince George’s County Goes Viral
- D.L’s Top 10 Things You Won’t Miss About Drinking
- Janet Jackson Wins The Dolly Parton Challenge With Super Sexy Tinder Pic