Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
‘Hustlers’ real-life inspiration, Samantha Barbash is suing Jennifer Lopez‘s production company for $40 million. Samantha claims in her suit, producers approached her to get her consent for the movie and she turned a thumbs down on them. Despite the rejection, the flick was produced with J Lo playing a character obviously based on her. She was pissed that she received a lowball offer from producers. Samantha says the character in the movie is portrayed as “using and manufacturing illegal substances in her home where she lived with her child.” She says it’s untrue and offensive.She’s suing for $40 million, $20 mil in compensatory damages and $20 mil in punitives. She also wants an order requiring producers to turn over all copies of the movie.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me share the Majic 94.5 @cindibdfw
- ‘Insecure’ Pushes Style And Fashion To The Forefront Line In The Season 5 Debut Episode
- Tessa Thompson Gives Modern-Day Angel Vibes At The “Passing” Premiere In LA
- Northam’s Blackface Scandal Resurfaces As Virginia Governor Candidates Battle For Black Voters In Tight Race
- DeSantis Recruiting Anti-Vax Police Officers To Move To Florida Despite COVID-19 Being ‘Leading Killer Of Cops’
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Snoop Dogg’s Mom Beverly Tate Passes Away After Long Illness
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- Issa Rae And Yvonne Orji Channeled Lil’ Kim At Final ‘Insecure Fest’
- ‘Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls’ Initiative Encourages Black Women To Take Action Against Breast Cancer
- ‘The View’ Attempted to Talk About Critical Race Theory But Let Conservative Misinformation Dominate The Conversation