Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
‘The Photograph’ starring Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield is set to open Valentine’s Day, February 14. Issa is excited for people to see her new films ‘The Photograph.’ “I want to try different things and see what I can do,” she muses. “I don’t want to just play myself, so I want to be able to experiment. Some of the things that I have on the slate to actually act in are very different. I don’t want to get caught in a comfort zone. I don’t want anybody to be able to put me in a box.” Issa says, “I think people are just expecting me to be funny, and the character just lost her mom, so she’s going through it. Obviously, there are elements of humor within the movie, but that’s not the driving part of the character, which is new for me because I do lean on humor. It’s been a defense mechanism for a lot of my life. That’s my go-to, I guess, because my comfort zone is humor. So to not be able to lean on that in this film was interesting.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me share the Majic 94.5 @cindibdfw
- Stephanie Mills Says Nick Cannon And Kanye West Are Acting Like ‘Paid Slaves’ Over Presidential Run
- Gary’s Tea: Lala Opens Up About Co-Parenting With Carmelo Anthony [WATCH]
- Black Tony Finally Explains Why He Never Comes To Work! [VIDEO]
- Aspiring Black Cops Say Racist Hurdles Kept Them Out Of Philly Police Force
- Michigan Official Defends N-Word Against Black Lives Matter: ‘It Is Not Racism’
- Fake ‘Black People Vote For Trump’ Account Is Part Of Huge Takedowns By Facebook
- Front Page News: Black Children Are 3 Times Likely To Be Exposed To COVID-19 [VIDEO]
- Hot Spot: Migos Rapper Takeoff Accused Of Rape & Prayers To King Combs [WATCH]
- Nia DaCosta: Everything To Know About First Black Woman Directing Marvel Movie
- Are You Cleaning Your Phone Properly?