Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Cook County, Illinois, grand jury handed special prosecutor Dan Webb a six-count indictment against Jussie Smollett,. The former Empire star is looking at the prospect of being sent to prison for up to three years if he is convicted on all charges of lying to the Chicago Police Department. The new indictment comes on the eve of the re-election of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx. As reported, Foxx decided to drop all 16 felony charges against Smollett in 2019, citing lack of evidence. Some speculate that having a special prosecutor come in and review and reverse her decision could imperil Fox’s re-election chances and future political career. Jussie’s attorney, Tina Glandian, released a statement saying “the new charges call into question the fairness of the investigation.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me share the Majic 94.5 @cindibdfw
- Behind The Scenes: Essence Atkins Will Explore An Open Marriage In Upcoming Movie
- Drake Is Gonna Be Uncle Of The Year After This Video
- Federal Judge Pauses Historic Funding For Black Farmers Because White Farmers Think It’s Racist
- Meek Mill Helped Inspire Virginia’s Governor To Sign A New Probation Reform Bill
- Kim K Lambo Is Better Than Yours
- Kim Kardashian Admits Kanye West’s “Moves From State To State” Led To Divorce
- Teen Who Recorded George Floyd Murder To Receive Special Pulitzer Prize Citation
- Bernie Mac Set To Receive A Biopic Produced By John Legend
- YOU’RE INVITED: Todd Dulaney’s Taking Over Get Up Mornings With Erica Campbell’s Facebook Live!
- Mad Dad Dumps 80,000 Pennies On Woman’s Lawn For Child Support [VIDEO]
- Hot Spot: A Bernie Mac Biopic Is On The Way From John Legend’s Production Company [WATCH]