Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
Last Slave Ship Discovered?
Wreckage of the last slave ship, Clotilda that came to America may have recently been found in Alabama by a local reporter more than a century after it crashed in 1860, according to archaeologists.
I’m quaking with excitement,” historian John Sledge told Al.com about the ship remains, which were washed up to the surface of the Mobile-Tensaw Delta, a few miles north of the city of Mobile. “This would be a story of world historical significance, if this is the Clotilda. It’s certainly in the right vicinity … We always knew it should be right around there.”
The 110 slaves on the Clotilda forced to go to Mobile, Alabama were freed when the Civil War ended in 1865. Whether the ship is actually the Clotilda, the discovery is a striking reminder of the nation’s slavery past.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
11 Powerful Images At The Women's March 2018
1. Viola Davis inspires!Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Just say no!Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Say it loud!Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Migrant lives matter!Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Black and proud!Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. 'Together We Rise'Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. #BlackGirlMagicSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. #MeTooSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Power to the pollsSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. EMPOWERSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Mission accomplished?Source:Getty 11 of 11