Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
It’s so good to see Will Smith passing his humanitarianism on to his son, Jaden. In 2015, they founded JUST, an eco-friendly water company to provide a green alternative to plastic bottles and to invest in communities.
We all know about the severe water crisis in Flint, Michigan and although in 2017, the EPA awarded Flint a $100 million grant to begin replacing its water pipes, it will take a couple of years for the project to be completed. In the meantime, JUST has donated 92,000 bottles of water to the city and it doesn’t stop there. The company is vowing to donate water each month to Flint, Michigan schools until the city’s water is drinkable again.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
JUST’s CEO, Ira Laufer, told MLive “This just makes sense for us to do. After reading more about [Flint’s] challenges and the mayor objecting to pulling bottled water from the schools, we thought, ‘Let’s help these kids.’”
49 & Fine: Will Smith’s Best Suited Red Carpet Moments
1.1 of 10
2. USA – Concussion premiere in Los Angeles.2 of 10
3. USA – Focus premiere in Los Angeles3 of 10
4. France – ‘I Am Legend’ Premieres in Paris4 of 10
5. ‘Suicide Squad’ World Premiere – Inside Arrivals5 of 10
6. BRITAIN-ENTERTAINMENT-CINEMA-SUICIDE SQUAD6 of 10
7. ‘Collateral Beauty’ World Premiere7 of 10
8. ‘Ismael’s Ghosts (Les Fantomes d’Ismael)’ & Opening Gala Red Carpet Arrivals – The 70th Annual Cannes Film Festival8 of 10
9. FRANCE-CANNES-FILM-FESTIVAL9 of 10
10. 70th Cannes Film Festival – Closing Ceremony Arrivals10 of 10