Jill Scott has another victory in court!
According to BOSSIP, on Monday a Tennessee judge denied Mike Dobson’s request for Scott to pay him $6,500 for legal fees from the divorce. That, and the prenuptial that he signed has to be honored.
Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
In addition, Scott’s lawyer revealed that the Grammy-winning singer paid her estranged husband $20,000 around a week before she filed for divorce.
“She did not throw him out with nothing,” Rose Palermo, a lawyer for Scott, said at a hearing last month, according to a transcript obtained by BOSSIP.
“She gave him $20,000 when he left. And during the – during the course of the marriage, she deposited funds into an account for his – for his benefit.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
However, according to court docs, Dobson claims that while he did receive $20,000, that money went to pay immediate “family expenses” and he never personally say those coins.
This is another win for the “Golden” singer as we previously reported last month a judge granted the Grammy winner’s wishes and placed a gag order on her estranged husband, banning him from speaking about her, their marriage and their divorce proceedings to the press
According to TMZ, Jilly from Philly filed legal docs claiming Michael Dobson “has engaged in a campaign of harassment and disparagement with an endgame of squeezing money out of her.”
In addition, the singer claims that Dobson has contacted her family and friends trash-talking her and is seeking revenge because Jill filed for divorce some 19 months after getting married. Over the past few months, Dobson has given numerous exclusive interviews with Bossip, claiming that the “Golden” singer is “evil” and emasculating.”
“She’s got issues. There’s no men in that family, there’s only women. And when a man comes in, it’s like a challenge,” Dobson said.
Thankfully, the two never shared their own biological children together, just a son from her prior relationship.
Jill stays winning!
- Beat The Homies: Test Your NFL Week 3 Predictions Against Rock-T, GRIFF & Supa Dave
- It’s Not Mickey Mouse Money…Yet. Media Mogul Byron Allen Bids $10B For The Walt Disney Company
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Switches To Republican Party Months After Winning Reelection As A Democrat
- Hot and Trending: Gabrielle, D Wade, Beyonce, & more!
- Political Experts Think Ron DeSantis’ Presidential Candidacy Failings Are Affecting His Support In Florida
- We Love Chloe x Halle. See An Example Of Their Beautiful Bond Shared On Instagram.
- Always Give God The Glory | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Quavo Attends The 52nd Annual Legislative Conference To Address Gun Violence
- Report: Dallas Cowboys Cornerback, Trevon Diggs Injured Thursday
- The Latest Hollywood Divorce & What Did Tyler Perry Say About Black Women? | The Amanda Seales Show
Judge Honors Jill Scott’s Prenup, Denies Estranged Husband’s Demands was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
[VIDEO] Tamar Braxton Talks Burglary Caught On Tape “I’m Not Safe Anywhere”
2nd Annual Southern Soul Bowl - Sept 23 [Get Tickets]
Every Time Khloe Kardashian Flashed Her Camel Toe (PHOTOS)
19 Sexy Pictures Of Paula Patton (PHOTOS)
Then & Now: The Cast Of Spike Lee’s “Crooklyn” (PHOTOS)
Champagne and Roses Tour: Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, Mario Contest
How To Listen To Majic 94.5 On Your Amazon Echo
Download - MAJIC 94.5 Radio Mobile App!