While Sanaa Lathan is stuntin’ on the cover of Health Magazine, the actress also wants you to know AGAIN that she is not the one that bit Beyoncé, despite what Tiffany Haddish alluded to in a GQ interview last month.
Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
The stunning “Nappily Ever After” star was clear: “I adore Beyoncé. I would never do anything malicious like that — to her, or to anyone. It’s so bizarre. It’s so crazy.”
View this post on Instagram
Thank you @healthmagazine for this beautiful cover story! So thrilled to share it with you guys. Check out the link in the bio on the @healthmagazine page to read the article. I share my tips on how I stay positive, motivated and in good mental, spiritual and physical health 💋 #Repost @healthmagazine ・・・ #SanaaLathan is our June cover star and she’s opening up about focusing on her well-being and finding true happiness for our Joy issue.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Other interview highlights included:
On shaving her head for the anticipated Netflix dramedy:
“It was terrifying! But to me, it’s so much a part of her journey. My character is in crisis, and everything that she thought she knew is unraveling. So the emotions were all over the place for me—because I’m playing Violet, but I’m also shaving my head! It was actually really powerful and kind of weirdly cathartic and freeing. You know, I was crying, I was laughing…”
On carrying about her calorie intake:
“I’ve never been a skinny girl, and I don’t really aspire to be that. I’m a foodie; I love food. When I was a baby, they used to call me “Eat More Sanaa.” I was like, “Thanks…thanks a lot.”
On how she defines her’ joy:
“I imagine it to be a spectrum: You could have a peaceful joy, you could have an ecstatic joy—and everything in between. I’m in my joy when I’m acting or doing anything creative. And I’m in my joy when I’m doing my foundation work, because whenever you’re giving, it’s like a gift to yourself.”
Read her Health interview its entirety here:
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- Listen To Black Women| Do You Put The Wrong Men In The Friend Zone?
- Gospel Great Donnie McClurkin In The Hospital
- Day 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies with Cindi B.
- Legendary Jazz Singer Nancy Wilson Passes Away
- Florida Just Made It Even Harder To Prosecute Cops Who Shoot Unarmed Black People
- Future Responses To Ciara’s Mediation Request
- 11-Year-Old Plano Kid Donates Gifts To Help Homeless [VIDEO]
- Jazz Legend, Nancy Wilson Has Passed At The Age of 81
- That Time Nancy Wilson Slayed On ‘The Cosby Show’