Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
It seem like this is happening more often these days, artists being sued for “ripping off” other artists. In other words, their songs sound a little too much alike.
Mark Ronson just settled a second lawsuit over “Uptown Funk” with Lastrada Entertainment which owns rights to Zapp & Roger’s 1980 classic “More Bounce to the Ounce”. They claimed Ronson stole the funk hit to make “Uptown Funk” with Bruno Mars, which became a mega sensation. Bruno Mars is not a part of this lawsuit but was in the previous lawsuit with the ’80s funk band Collage which was settled.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But the saga continues. There is a third lawsuit! Angie Stone and her late 70’s early 80’s group, The Sequence say they need a piece of the fat pie too!
We’ll keep you posted on how this turns out.
10 Interesting Facts About Bruno Mars (PHOTOS)
1. Bruno Mars1 of 10
2. Bruno Mars as Elvis Presley2 of 10
3. Bruno Mars and Jessica Caban3 of 10
4. The Lylas4 of 10
5. Adele and Bruno Mars5 of 10
6. Bruno Mars6 of 10
7. Bruno Mars7 of 10
8. Bruno Mars and Lenny Kravitz8 of 10
9. Pharrell and Bruno Mars9 of 10
10. Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers10 of 10
-Queen Indy Bee (@Queenindybee)
- Wendy Williams Taking Another Extended Break
- It’s Official RCA/Sony Music Drops R. Kelly
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- What Does Gary Owen Really Think About Being Mistaken For Tommy Egan?
- Choreographer Anthony Burrell Explains How Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve Flub Pushed Him To Open His Dance Center
- CLEO TV Brings In The New Year With A Preview Party in Dallas, TX
- Cardi B Weighs In On The Government Shutdown: “This Sh*t Is Really Serious!” [VIDEO]
- Sony Music Finally Mutes R. Kelly, Dissolves Working Relationship With The Singer
- R. Kelly, Sony RCA Agree To Part Ways