Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
It seem like this is happening more often these days, artists being sued for “ripping off” other artists. In other words, their songs sound a little too much alike.
Mark Ronson just settled a second lawsuit over “Uptown Funk” with Lastrada Entertainment which owns rights to Zapp & Roger’s 1980 classic “More Bounce to the Ounce”. They claimed Ronson stole the funk hit to make “Uptown Funk” with Bruno Mars, which became a mega sensation. Bruno Mars is not a part of this lawsuit but was in the previous lawsuit with the ’80s funk band Collage which was settled.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But the saga continues. There is a third lawsuit! Angie Stone and her late 70’s early 80’s group, The Sequence say they need a piece of the fat pie too!
We’ll keep you posted on how this turns out.
-Queen Indy Bee (@Queenindybee)
- President Biden Preps Plan To Forgive $10,000 In Student Debt Per Borrower
- Quinta Brunson Slams ‘Abbott Elementary’ Fans Requesting A School Shooting Episode
- Cops Search For Chicago Man Who Pointed His Gun At A News Crew During Live Taping
- Ciara Takes On The amfAR Gala In Cannes In A Hot Pink Dundas Dress
- Why Black Men Should Try Frolicking
- Texas Shooter’s Mom Says Son Is “Not A Monster” But Can Be “Aggressive”
- ‘Martin’ Reunion Locks In Date On BET+ This June
- Mass Shooting Crisis: Everything We Know Now About The Uvalde Mass Shooting [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Martin Reunion Is Coming To BET + Is Bel-Air Series Canceled Because Of Will Smith? [WATCH]
- ‘Goodfellas’ Star Ray Liotta Has Died At 67