Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
It seem like this is happening more often these days, artists being sued for “ripping off” other artists. In other words, their songs sound a little too much alike.
Mark Ronson just settled a second lawsuit over “Uptown Funk” with Lastrada Entertainment which owns rights to Zapp & Roger’s 1980 classic “More Bounce to the Ounce”. They claimed Ronson stole the funk hit to make “Uptown Funk” with Bruno Mars, which became a mega sensation. Bruno Mars is not a part of this lawsuit but was in the previous lawsuit with the ’80s funk band Collage which was settled.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But the saga continues. There is a third lawsuit! Angie Stone and her late 70’s early 80’s group, The Sequence say they need a piece of the fat pie too!
We’ll keep you posted on how this turns out.
10 Interesting Facts About Bruno Mars (PHOTOS)
1. Bruno Mars1 of 10
2. Bruno Mars as Elvis Presley2 of 10
3. Bruno Mars and Jessica Caban3 of 10
4. The Lylas4 of 10
5. Adele and Bruno Mars5 of 10
6. Bruno Mars6 of 10
7. Bruno Mars7 of 10
8. Bruno Mars and Lenny Kravitz8 of 10
9. Pharrell and Bruno Mars9 of 10
10. Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers10 of 10
-Queen Indy Bee (@Queenindybee)
- That’s What I Think: Flying Is Beautiful And Terrifying
- Joe Torry Breaks Down The St. Louis Vs. Kansas City Rivalry
- Kirk Franklin On His New Album And Why ‘God Is So Dope’
- Huggy Lowdown: Oreo Bama Of The Week
- Inside Her Story: This Woman Teaches Black Hair Care To Non-Black Parents
- Morning Minute: Facebook Banned 3 Billion Fake Accounts
- Top Of The Morning: The Traffic And Weather Reporters Have Evolved
- Little Known Black History Fact: Unita Blackwell
- Love And R&B’s #OHSOREALScenario
- Love And R&B With John Monds: Thursday Night Special