Toni Braxton and her fiance Birdman are getting married pretty soon.
The singer confirmed the couple’s engagement in February, but hadn’t set a date.
But Birdman has put his foot down, he’s ready to make her his wife!
”He said before the year is out…so a couple of weeks,” Braxton told Wendy Williams on Tuesday while appearing as a guest on the daytime talk show.
Braxton confirmed that there was almost a date at one point but she “couldn’t get all of the sisters together” with all of the drama from their reality show, Braxton Family Values. And although Birdman is reportedly fine with going to the courthouse, Braxton wants a big wedding with her best friend, Jada Pinkett-Smith, as her maid of honor.
“I need the dress,” she said. “I want the dress.”
The 51-year-old singer and the New Orleans rap mogul began dating in 2016 and made their first appearance as a couple at the BET Hip-Hop awards that June.
In an episode of Braxton Family Values that aired in August, Toni admitted to her mother, Evelyn, that she hadn’t planned anything for her upcoming wedding.
Luckily, it sounds like she’s a little further along with the planning these days and will make her future hubby’s deadline!
See the video below:
Toni Braxton Through The Years
1. 1994 - MTV Video Music Awards1 of 11
2. 1996 - MTV Video Music Awards2 of 11
3. 2000- Billboard Music Awards3 of 11
4. 2005- Toni Braxton to light the Empire State Building on National Wear Red Day for Women in 20054 of 11
5. 2008 - "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" Los Angeles Premiere5 of 11
6. 2010- 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards6 of 11
7. 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala & Salute to Industry Icons with Clive Davis Honoring David Geffen7 of 11
8. 2013 - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week - The Heart Truth's Red Dress Collection8 of 11
9. 2014 - 24th Annual NAACP Theatre Awards9 of 11
10. 2016 - Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globes After Party10 of 11
11. 2017 - Soul Train Music Awards Presented by BET11 of 11
Toni Braxton Plans To Get Married Soon, Find Out Who She Wants As Her Maid Of Honor was originally published on blackamericaweb.com