A Georgia woman was sentenced to 43 years in prison without the possibility of parole for 16 identity fraud-related charges, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
It only took a jury 12 minutes to find 37-year-old Cara Ann Williams, also known as Kaesarea Williams guilty, Conasauga Judicial Circuit District Attorney Bert Poston said in a news release.
She was reportedly found guilty of aggravated identity fraud, forgery, financial transaction car theft and false statements.
Williams worked at two businesses while using false identification documents. The documents reportedly belonged to a former friend of Williams’ and a person from North Carolina, the release said.
Police also said they found more forged documents and stolen credit cards in her possession. The release said Williams admitted to “many aspects of the crimes” during her testimony in court.
In addition to her sentence for these crimes, she also had a separate five-year prison sentence for unlawfully possessing a telephone in jail, the release said. That sentence was given to Williams on Dec. 18, and both sentences will be served concurrently.
1. Remy Ma1 of 10
2. Bobby Shmurda2 of 10
3. Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for fraud.3 of 10
4. Darren Sharper is currently on trial for rape in several states.4 of 10
5. Justin Bieber has had some trouble with the law in the past for marijuana possession, drag racing and a number of other crimes.5 of 10
6. Chris Brown is currently in jail for violating his probation.6 of 10
7. OJ Simpson7 of 10
8. James Brown was sentenced to 6 years in 1988 for not stopping his car in a police chase.8 of 10
9. Meek Mill was sentenced to 2-4 years for violating his probation and driving dirt bikes in NYC.9 of 10
10. Suge Knight was indicted by a grand jury for threatening death to director F. Gary Gary in August of 2017.(AP)10 of 10
Georgia Woman Sentenced To 43 Years For 16 Identity Fraud-Related Charges was originally published on blackamericaweb.com