Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
A lot of us are getting ready for Thanksgiving in just 7-days and for some of us, its our first time cooking a turkey. Here’s ‘5 Tips for Cooking The Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey‘ to help take the stress out your day. So take a deep breathe, you got this!
1. Choose the right type of turkey for you.
Heritage? Organic? Fresh? Frozen? There are lots of choices out there.
2. Figure on 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of turkey per person.
To buy the right size turkey for your party, simply tally up the turkey-eating guests. Add a few pounds on for bones and you’ve got your turkey weight. For example, 8 people will require a 12 to 14-pound turkey.
3. Brining keeps it moist.
Brining is an easy, sure-fire way to a moist and flavorful turkey. A typical brining solution contains water, salt, sugar and a variety of spices and aromatics.
4. Rub the turkey with butter or oil.
Before putting it in the oven, make sure the skin of the turkey is as dry as possible, and then rub it all over with butter or oil. For even moister meat, place pats of butter under the skin.
5. Invest in a good meat thermometer.
Check for doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey around the thigh, avoiding the bone. At 165 degrees F, it’s done. The turkey will continue to cook as it rests, so the temperature should rise another 10 degrees or so out of the oven.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Follow me share the Majic 94.5 @cindibdfw
- Mariah Carey Being Inducted Into Songwriters Hall Of Fame
- Mo’Nique’s First Stand-Up Special In 10 Years For Showtime
- Colts’ Marcus Brady is 1 of 2 black QB coaches, He Says Lack Of Minority Coaches ‘Needs To Be Addressed’
- Jazzy Report: Data Privacy Laws
- Aaron Hernandez’s Fiancée Speaks Out After Premiere Of Netflix Series That Explores His Sexuality
- D.L.’s Top 10 Signs That Male Work Contact Is Trying To Sleep With You
- Louisiana Jail Guards Plead Guilty To Federal Charges In Inmate’s 2014 Death
- Trump Supporters Diamond And Silk Say He’s Being “Railroaded” The Way Blacks Were During Jim Crow
- Sister And Mom Of R. Kelly’s Girlfriend Show Solidarity With Matching Tattoos
- Catholic School Responds To ‘Shocking’ Photo Of Student In ‘Blackface Mask’ Captioned With N-Word