Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Father, wrestler Rocky Johnson has passed away at 75. WWE issued a statement on Johnson’s death Wednesday night. Johnson and Tony Atlas became the first black world tag team champions in WWE history when they defeated The Wild Samoans on Dec. 10, 1983. “A loss for every fan of @WWE, Rocky Johnson was a barrier-breaking performer. Our thoughts are with his family at this time,” WWE executive and wrestler Paul “Triple H” Levesque tweeted. The Rock’s father was born Wayde Douglas Bowles and started his wrestling career in the mid-1960s. He spent the bulk of his career in the National Wrestling Alliance and later joined the then-World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s. He formed a tag team with Atlas known as “Soul Patrol” and became of one the popular teams of the era. Johnson retired in the early 1990s, but helped introduce his son to officials at WWE.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Advocates Sound Alarm About New Texting Policy That Could Have Negative Impacts On Black Voter Outreach
- Mississippi Grand Jury Finds ‘Insufficient Evidence’ To Charge Carolyn Bryant Donham In Emmett Till’s Killing
- What’s Next For Serena Williams? 5 Ways She Can Still Win After Tennis
- Hot Spot: This Is How Whoopi Goldberg Got Her Name! [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Serena Williams Announces Retirement + Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Get Life In Prison
- Doja Cat Makes Shaved Brows Chic With Fun, Creative Designs
- ‘My Beautiful Home’: Donald Trump Whines After The FBI Raided His Mar-a-Lago Resort
- PUMA And Baby Phat Collaborate On A Sporty-Glam Collection
- Serena Williams Announces Tennis Retirement In Latest Vogue Cover Story
- I Hate The Homies Podcast “A Happy Ending?” | Episode 12