Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
The Dallas City Council approved a mortgage and rental assistance program that could launch as early as Monday. $6.1 million dollars will be available for residents who have lost their jobs or have been furloughed due to the Coronavirus. If selected, eligible households can receive up to $1,500 in rent or mortgage assistance.
Also, the Office of Economic Development in Dallas is providing relief for small business owners. $5 million has been made available in the form of grants and loans from the city.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
RENTAL / MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE OVERVIEW
The City of Dallas’ goal is to reach those most vulnerable residents facing eviction or foreclosure due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will not
eliminate every hurdle facing Dallas’ residents, but will provide needed relief for many struggling to pay their mortgage or rent and/or utilities.
1. The Rental/Mortgage Assistance Program is for City of Dallas residents in danger of being evicted or facing foreclosure due to COVID-19 related job or income loss.
2. Individuals and families living in public housing or using housing vouchers are NOT eligible.
3. Households that have already received federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act money from another agency are NOT eligible.
4. Families living in units owned by immediate family members are NOT eligible. Immediate family ties include (whether by blood, marriage or adoption) the spouse, parent (including a stepparent),
child (including a stepchild), brother, sister (including a stepbrother or stepsister), grandparent, grandchild, and in-laws.
5. Those making above 80% of the median income are NOT eligible.
6. City employees and immediate family members are NOT eligible. Immediate family ties include (whether by blood, marriage or adoption) the spouse, parent (including a stepparent), child
(including a stepchild), brother, sister (including a stepbrother or stepsister), grandparent, grandchild, and in-laws.
7. The length of assistance can range from up to 3 months – 24 months and in an amount up to $1,500 a month per eligible household. The length and amount of assistance are determined based on the program in which the applicant qualifies.
8. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
9. Starting May 4, please visit www.dallascityhall.com to fill out a pre-screening application.
10. Use your smartphone, tablet, or desktop to apply.
11. The online application is available in multiple languages.
12. If you do not have access to the internet, starting May 4, please call 469-749-6500, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to be pre-screened over the phone*.
*Due to high call volume, please be prepared for longer than average hold times or a busy signal.
13. Call agents are available to assist in English and in Spanish.
14. Applicants will be required to provide documentation of the impact of COVID-19 to their circumstance. For example, proof of income reduction, job loss, etc.
15. The funds will be paid directly to the landlord, mortgage lender, or utility provider.
16. Landlords, mortgage lenders, or utility providers will need to register as a vendor with the City.
17. The program will provide a total of $13.7 million to eligible applicants needing rental, mortgage and/or utility assistance. – Most of the funds for the COVID-19 Rental / Mortgage Assistance Program were provided by Congress through the CARES Act to support COVID-19 relief. The City of Dallas is making up the difference by re-allocating available grant funds.
– While current funds are limited for this process, the City of Dallas urges Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to quickly release the other two allocations of funding so that we
may use any additional money we receive to provide more rental, mortgage, and utility assistance.
-Queen Indy Bee (@Queenindybee)
- Police Seize Almost 400 Pounds Of Heroin From The Bluff In Largest Drug Bust Ever
- T.I. & Tiny Will Be Grandparents! Zonnique Pullins Expeditiously Expecting Her First Child
- “Best Relationship I’ve Ever Been In” Tiffany Haddish Confirms Her And Common Are Official!
- Mali Music Releases Music Video For Cry
- Kevin Hart Speaks On Ellen DeGeneres Amid Racist And Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Show
- KiKi’s Top 3 Things Dudes Say When You Catch Them Cheating [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Even Though Fans Made A Petition, Tory Lanez Will Not Be Deported [WATCH]
- Toni Braxton Shares That She Uses This Sex Toy For Her Skin Care Routine
- Peter Thomas Shares Details About Testing Positive For COVID-19
- Man Charged With Murder After Killing Burger King Employee Over Wait Time