31-year-old media personality DJ Akademiks has spent the past few years building a strong presence on the Internet. A hosting gig alongside rapper Joe Budden and journalist Nadeska Alexis on Complex’s short-lived series Everyday Struggle, paired with a cult-level following on streaming platform Twitch, have helped him accomplish a respectable level of social media notoriety.
Unfortunately, his unabashed approach to covering the culture has now come back to haunt him after an old clip resurfaced where he proudly gives his approval to sleep with underaged girls as long as they have, in his words, “college ID.”
“There’s not much difference between a 20 or a 17 or a 21 and a 17,” Akademiks can be heard saying in the now-viral clip (seen above), and it gets worse from there. He then graphically adds, “Just kinda means one’s a minor and one’s not a minor. But I will say, listen, I adopted this rule which I think is fine. I said, listen, ‘As long as a chick got a college ID, she’s getting f*cked.’ I don’t care if she 17, I don’t care if she 17-and-a-half, I don’t care if she just turned 17 — she gon’ get this d*ck!”
As the clip continued to spread, some came to his defense to make a note that he was only 22 when he made those disparaging remarks. Still, 22 years old is when most people are planning on graduating from college and stepping into the real world with hopefully a mindset not focused on sexually preying on minors.
Akademiks then went on his infamous Twitch channel to give context behind his comment, stating that it was in reaction to the Hollywood gossip surrounding the relationship of Tyga and Kylie Jenner when he was 24 and she was only 17.
In one part of his video response, he explains, “As long as they go to your school, bro, you do not ask. It’s not that you want anybody underage, you just assume. So, that’s what I’m sayin’—if it ends up being that, it’s like, yeah that’s not what you wanted to do type of sh*t, but it’s like, I don’t look at it as in a somebody deliberately looking for kids.”
While Ak also said it was more of an example than a personal recollection, many across social media weren’t trying to hear it. Take a look below at the many who want DJ Akademiks canceled and then some:
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- Black Lives Matter Denies Affiliation With Rhode Island BLM ‘Imposter’ Mark Fisher Who Endorsed Trump
- Funds Pledged To Mobilize Black Male Voters As Polls Claim More African Americans Supporting Trump
- Ben Carson Is ‘Frontrunner’ To Be Donald Trump’s VP Running Mate, Viral Rumor Claims
HEAD TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE
DJ Akademiks Vilified Over Audio Clip Endorsing Sex With Minors Who Have “College ID” was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. Just when I thought DJ Akademiks couldn’t be more of a clown and a weirdo, he managed to beat his own high score with this one. Dude is just flat out sick for what he said.
2. DJ Akademiks said it was a old clip & he was 24 when he said that 😒 so you was 24 thinking it was ok to fuck 17 year olds … ok bet 👌🏾
3. Fuck dj akademiks. He’s a predator who’s been nothing but a cancer to the culture. Been sayin it for years the dude is terrible and now people are finally seeing it.
4. DJ Akademiks getting busted for saying he’d have sex with a minor is the least surprising thing I’ve seen in a while. The man openly sexualized a 15 year old a couple years ago. Hopefully we can finally get his clown ass outta here.
5. There’s no point in cancel culture existing if incels like DJ Akademiks are still able to have a platform
6. Every 2 months y’all find out DJ Akademiks is a disgusting ass nigga and pretend to be shocked. Literally just stop supporting him- it’s gross.
7. It’s a special place in hell for pedophiles smh @Akademiks
8. WE GETTING DJ AKADEMIKS THE FUCK OUT OF HERE FINALLY?!
9. DJ Akademiks is a predator. Ain’t no way you in your thirties thinking it’s ok to go after a 17yr old women. Why haven’t we canceled this man yet!?!
10. why are y’all surprised at dj akademiks sayin he’d fuck the shit outta minors when he literally said this… nigga been weird