Chicago murders significantly decreased after 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins‘ shocking death last year. However, several homicides are still leaving city residents reeling.
A popular African-American hip hop vlogger was fatally shot while behind the wheel early morning Wednesday (May 30), Chicago’s WGN-TV reported. Zachary Stoner, 30, who went by “Zack TV,” was shot in the head and neck before his jeep went up a curb and crashed into a light pole. No one has been arrested in connnection with Stoner’s death as of Wednesday.
Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @majic945
Just three days before Stoner’s shooting, Jenkins, whose body was found in September in a walk-in hotel freezer, was remembered during a tribute at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont, Illinois Sunday (May 27). The celebration of life marked what would have been the Chicago teen’s 20th birthday, ABC7 Chicago reported.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Outrcy and protests erupted over Jenkins’ tragic and mysterious death at the Crowne Plaza Hotel last year. Publicly released graphic photos of the gruesome crime scene sent shockwaves through Chicago in October after authorities closed their investigation. A medical examiner later ruled Jenkins’ death an accident, however, significant questions remain as some details on her death are unknown.
Chicago has long struggled with crime and gun violence. The Chicago Police Department reported a decrease in the number of killings and shootings earlier this year, CNN reported. There were 29 percent fewer shootings and 21 percent fewer killings last month, according to crime statistics from the department. The city had 173 shootings last month, compared to 245 in April of 2017, police also said. The number of murders in April dropped from 48 in 2017 to 37 last month.
Stronger community policing efforts, officer hires and technology investments were cited by police as reasons for the drops in crime, according to CNN.
20 Tweets Dragging Roseanne Barr To A White Privilege Hell
1. Racist RoseanneSource:Getty 1 of 21
2.Source: 2 of 21
3.Source: 3 of 21
4.Source: 4 of 21
5.Source: 5 of 21
6.Source: 6 of 21
7.Source: 7 of 21
8.Source: 8 of 21
9.Source: 9 of 21
10.Source: 10 of 21
11.Source: 11 of 21
12.Source: 12 of 21
13.Source: 13 of 21
14.Source: 14 of 21
15.Source: 15 of 21
16.Source: 16 of 21
17.Source: 17 of 21
18.Source: 18 of 21
19.Source: 19 of 21
20.Source: 20 of 21
21. And Of Course We Had To Contribute...Source: 21 of 21
- Nigerian Men Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case Released Due To “New Evidence.”
- Colin Kaepernick And Eric Reid Reportedly Win Big In NFL Settlement
- Police Investigating Whether Jussie Smollett Staged Attack
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud
- Trump Declares National Emergency For Border Wall Funding
- La La To Carmelo: If You Cheat Again, You Gon’ Lose Your Wife
- Two Nigerian Brothers Arrested In The Jussie Smollett Attack
- Report: Kaepernick, NFL Resolve Collusion Case
- Jazzy Report: Birth Control Pills May Be Impacting Your Relationship
- DL’s Top 10 Romantic Date Ideas If You’re Broke
After Chicago Remembers Kenneka Jenkins, Another Black Person Has Been Killed was originally published on newsone.com