Follow Majic 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @’majic945’
On Wednesday, the Dallas City Council approved $13.7 million in relief to help pay rent, mortgages and utilities for residents who earn less than the median income ($83,100) In North Texas. Dallas Mayor, Eric Johnson said “We expect to helps thousands of Dallas Residents stay in their homes.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Income requirements for the program vary based on the number of people in your household. A family of four would be eligible for assistance if the household income is $66,500 or below and a person living alone could earn up to $46,550 and qualify. There is another portion of the program for individuals at or below 50% of the area median income to get six months of rental assistance.
If you would like to request relief, you have to apply with the City and it will be directly paid to the landlord. The City says it will begin accepting applications May 4.
-Queen Indy Bee (@Queenindybee)
- Behind The Scenes: Essence Atkins Will Explore An Open Marriage In Upcoming Movie
- Bow Wow Feels ‘Singled Out’ By Mayor Sylvester Turner Over COVID-19 Violations At Club Events
- Ciera Payton Shares What Surprised Her The Most About Wendy Williams’ Story [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- NFL Co-Opts MLK’s Quote About ‘Injustice Anywhere’ After Blacklisting Kaepernick For Protesting Police Violence
- Howard University’s Drumline To Escort Joe Biden, Kamala Harris After Historic Inauguration
- Melania Trump Can’t Plagiarize Michelle Obama’s Favorability Leaving White House, Poll Shows
- United We Serve: Watch America Honor MLK With National Day Of Service For Joe Biden And Kamala Harris’ Inauguration
- Did You Know? US Gov’t Found Guilty In Conspiracy To Assassinate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King’s Most Iconic Speeches Of All Time
- Dr. Dre Reportedly Released From ICU Following Brain Aneurysm
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy